While most devOps programs are either too theoretical or directly jump into tools, we tend to miss on the bigger picture on where does things start actually and how does it reaches the end point and beyond.
Software development starts with an idea. The idea gets fulfilled when it goes live and is used or is available for use by the end users.
The entire process from idea to go live can be show cased by the following three onion rings.
What you will learn and certifications
- The 6 days workshop takes you through this entire journey from ideation to go live and monitoring, covering the entire classic DevOps Lifecycle
- You will learn the conceptual agile tenets which lead to importance of agile mindset and how idea can be collaboratively developed into BDD scenarios – how this leads to coding and before that mocking.
- Followed by this you will learn how does code configuration works, code quality and the remaining part of the DevOps lifecycle
The End to End Practical DevOps workshop is broken into two distinct phases.
PART 1 : 3 days of initial program covers ideation to starting point of coding using BDD, cucumber, Junit and Mockitos. There is a practical assessment exam and certification post this first part.
PART 2 : Last 3 days of the program then deep dives into Software Configuration Management (SCM) and maven as a build tool, Continuous Integration (CI) + CI USING Jenkins, Checking Code Coverage [Cobertura],Infrastructure Management(docker and Ansible),Automated Deployment Tool – Ansible followed by Continuous Delivery. There is a practical assessment exam and certification post this second part. You will get a CP-DOF (Certified Professional – DevOps Foundation) certificate from DevOps++ alliance.
Software Configuration Management (SCM)
Maven – as a Build tool
Continuous Integration using Jenkins
Automated Test Scripts – Static and Dynamic
Checking Code Coverage [Cobertura]
Infrastructure Management – Docker, Ansible
Automated Deployment Tool - Ansible
XSCALE Business Agility Coach, Steering Committee member at DevOps++ Alliance and ATA, SAFe 4.5 Program Consultant, Director QAAgility
- Steering Committee Member, Agile Testing Alliance and DevOps++ Alliance. Principal Consultant at QAAgility Technologies.
- SAFe® 4 Program Consultant, Scaled Agile Framework implementation coach.
- XSCALE Business Agility (XBA) Coach, the first coach in India.
- Published Author of book on Selenium by McGraw-Hill, first Asian to author book on Selenium.
- Creator of ATA curriculum CP-BAT, CP-MAT, CP-AAT and CP-SAT; CP-DOF for DevOps++ Alliance
- M.S. Computer Science, Stevens Institute of Technology, USA; PG Certificate in Business Management from City University of NY (CUNY); B.E. Computer Sc., Marathwada University.
23+ years of IT Industry experience with:
- QAAgility Technologies, India
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd, India
- JPMorgan, India and USA
- Chase Manhattan Bank, USA
- IBM, USA
Ashish Mishra is a seasoned executive consultant who focuses on driving measurable results for his clients with over 23 years in-depth experience in delivering business agility, agile development, testing and strategic consulting. He is passionate about human relationships and group dynamics. Coming from an IT background, he brings his experience to utilize IT to effectively serve the business goals. He strongly believes that lean, systems thinking, innovation and continuous learning play an important role in the IT ecosystem. He is an expert facilitator of Pirate Canvas and Lean Café sessions for the leadership roles and XSCALE Business Agility (XBA) Coach. Ashish’s unique background which is mix of business and IT, allows him to become of part any executive leadership team and bring collaboration across verticals that establish corporate strategic alignment.
He has consulted and coached for companies like Barclays, JPMorgan, Manulife, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Deloitte, Capgemini, Polaris, Datamatics, MindTree, Ness Technologies, Persistent, iGatePatni and L&T Infotech besides running several workshops in the public domain. He has been an early adopter of Agile, practicing XP and Lean development since 1996.
He belongs to the group of respectable innovators in the area of processes consulting & automation testing. He is the steering committee member of the Agile Testing Alliance (ATA) and DevOps++ Alliance. He is also a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) of the latest revision of 4.5.